The hive alarm system is a great way to protect your beehive against intruders or wild animals. The most common form of intrusion is bears, but you can set up the system so that it alerts you whenever anything comes near your hive, including humans.
Check If Your Hive Alarm System Hub is Connected
If you’re having issues with your Hive Hub, the first thing to do is check if it’s connected to the internet. You can do this by opening up the app and going to Settings > Networking & Connectivity. Once there, choose “Wi-Fi” and make sure that Hive Hub 2 is listed as connected under the “Connected Devices” section. If it isn’t, tap on it and select “Connect Now.” You should also make sure that your Hive Alarm System has a good connection to ensure that no part of its Wi-Fi signal is being blocked.
If this doesn’t fix your issue, try restarting your router or modem (if you have one). This will clear out any potential issues between devices on your network that might be causing connectivity issues between them and other connected wireless devices in general including smart home products like Hue lights or Nest Protects!
Connect the Devices To Hive Alarm System
When you’re setting up your Hive Alarm System, you need to connect your devices to the hub. You can do this in one of three ways:
- Using a USB cable (for example, if you’re connecting a door/window sensor or motion sensor)
- Using Bluetooth (for instance, if you are connecting a keyfob or switch)
- Connecting two devices at once with either method (for example, if you want to connect two sensors).
How to Add the Hive Alarm Devices to the Account
The Hive alarm system will automatically detect and connect any devices connected to the hub. To add devices, follow these steps:
- Open the Hive app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on “My Home” > “Devices”. This will open a list of all of your connected devices.
- Swipe left to right over each device that you wish to add in order for it to appear in this list, then tap on it once (it will light up). Once they’re all lit up, they’re ready for adding!
There are many ways you can go about adding new devices: through the website portal at (https://hivehomehubwifi.com/manage/devices), via text message from another device within your home (e.g., “Hive Hub”), via email from another device within your home (e Thermostat), etc. but none are more user-friendly than doing so directly from inside this screen where all of those options are available at once!
How to Set Up Hive Alarm Sensors
You can set up a sensor by pressing the button on the back of the device. You can also set up a sensor by pressing the button on the front of the device. If your sensor is not connected to your hub, you will need to press and hold the button until it vibrates (approximately 2 seconds).
Add a device
- Go to the “add device” section of the Hive app, and select the device you want to add from the list that appears.
- Select the room in which you want this device placed, if applicable (you can also skip this step).
- Give your new gadget a name, if desired this is only required for certain devices such as Nest thermostats or Hue lights, and will not be visible outside of your account on Hive’s website.
- You have to make sure each device is connected to the hive hub before you can add it in the app. This may seem obvious, but it’s easy to forget if you’re not used to setting up devices like this.
To connect a new device, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your phone or tablet is on the same Wi-Fi network as your new device (you’ll be able to tell by looking at the top of your screen).
- Open up [app name] and tap on “add new” in the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Scan or search for your new device using its serial number you’ll find it printed on a sticker somewhere on its packaging or manual and enter an appropriate name for it.
In conclusion, the Hive Alarm System is a great option for anyone who wants to monitor their home 24/7. It’s easy to set up and offers a wide range of features that can be tailored to your needs. You can start with one device and add more as time goes on.